Monday, October 26, 2009

Before I begin

This blog is meant as a place for education and interaction, between home owners and licensors, licensees and other people vaguely interested in the business of setting up home.

Ah, who am I kidding, it's a place to help me let off some steam and write down the things that strike me as rude to say to somebody's face but which I can put down here because, as every idiot knows, setting up house is a harrowing business which necessitates letting off some steam.

So my husband and I are in the process of moving a second time. The lease on the current flat goes poof on November 15, and we've homed in on a dear little house which comes with a terrace, thus opening up a whole lot of possibilities involving pottering about with spades and plants. Also, I love the process of moving in. Last time was fun, and though most parties will not admit it, I did it ALONE.

I will largely do it alone this time, too. Anything and everything related to the move will be found here, right from the faffing one must do at the agents' to the slow disintegration of your most comfortable pair of slippers as you trek the neighbourhood seeing dreary and delightful homes, to the process itself, right down to the pottering about with spades and plants. Suggestions and tips are most welcome, because as much as I brag about it, I have done this just once.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. You did it alone? And what about EVERYTHING that mum had put together ALREADY, you ungrateful stray? She'd even packed toothpicks.

    Wait till she hears of this. It'll break her heart so.

    *snicker, giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tsk. All chubby cats, cows or similar are henceforth barred from this site. D Sivanandan, take note.

    ReplyDelete